Thatgamecompany announced their highly anticipated demo of Sky: Children of the Light is now available on PC. It will be accessible from today until Oct. 16, so if you want to experience it I would act fast.
For those who haven’t experienced Sky: Children of the Light on PlayStation 4/5, Nintendo Switch, or mobile platforms can find the official overview below.
Welcome to Sky! You are a Child of the Light. I know you don’t remember anything, but lift your eyes to the horizon—here is a beautiful world just waiting to be explored by you and your loved ones!
As you take flight into these realms, make sure to pause here and there to appreciate the splendor of the wilderness around you. And keep watch for the Spirits of your Ancestors! Some of them are stuck here—and they need your help. You have the power to free them, and return them to their home among the stars.
Also, make sure to look out for other Sky Children! Some of them are new, like you, but many have been here for quite some time—and they love to guide new arrivals as yourself.
There’s so much fun to have here, and so much to explore. The Realms of Sky are a vast open-world MMO—ever-expanding with fresh regions, characters, and features. Make new friends on an adventure that never ends!
A Grand Social Adventure
- Explore seven dreamlike realms and unravel the mysteries of the stars
- Embark on a quest to save Spirits in each constellation and set them free
- Live an epic story of restoring light to a fallen Kingdom
Peaceful Collaborative Play
- Journey with your loved ones or forge new friendships with players from around the world
- Don’t forget to show your appreciation to them by giving gifts of Light!
- Engage with other players through charming, beautifully-animated expressions
Friendly, Open World
- Step into an ever-expanding world with exciting upcoming attractions, seasonal events, and realm expansions
- Immerse yourself in an uplifting social adventure that warms the heart
- Explore hidden areas, share music and adventures, and take in vast, beautiful landscapes
Collectibles, Creations and Progression
- Find Winged Light and emote expressions to help you explore the world of Sky
- Unlock items to be whoever you want with unique character customizations
- Create messages, recordings, and spaces for you and your friends to enjoy and relax with
Unfortunately, a release date was not included with the demo announcement, but it strongly suggests the release will be sooner rather than later.