Sony confirmed the highly anticipated> PlayStation 5 cloud streaming function will launch later this month for PlayStation Plus Premium subscribers.
A full list of supported titles were not revealed, but a PlayStation Blog post confirmed the service is expected to offer hundreds of PlayStation Plus catalog games and select trials. In addition to that, members who own supported titles will also be able to stream those as well.
Select PS5 games will be available for streaming, and we’re planning to have hundreds of PS5 titles to support this new benefit. This includes:
- Top PS5 hits from the PlayStation Plus Game Catalog, such as Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Horizon Forbidden West, Ghost of Tsushima, Mortal Kombat 11, and Saints Row IV
- Game Trials for PS5 games, such as Hogwarts Legacy, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, and The Calisto Protocol
- Additional PS5 digital titles PlayStation Plus Premium members own that will be available for streaming, such as Resident Evil 4, Dead Island 2, Genshin Impact, Fall Guys, and Fortnite
Since these games will be accessed remotely, certain features may not be usable. A brief list of what players can expect can be found below.
PS5 cloud streaming is exclusively available on the PS5 console at launch. Without having to download a game, players can access PS5 game streaming with their PlayStation Plus Premium membership. Additionally, PlayStation Plus Premium members will also see features available with the new PS5 streaming benefit, including:
- Downloadable content and in-game purchases will be available for PS5 game streaming, including DLC and add-ons – similar to purchases from downloadable games.
- High quality resolution options, including 4K, 1440p, 1080p, and 720p, with 60 FPS and SDR or HDR output.
- Enhanced audio with support for all PS5 audio capabilities including 5.1 and 7.1 as well as Tempest 3D Audiotech.
- Capture screenshots and record up to 3 minutes of video, which will be downloaded to your Media Gallery on PS5 and also available in the Media Gallery on PS App
PlayStation 5 cloud streaming is expected to launch on Oct. 17 in Japan, Oct. 23 for those in Europe, and finally Oct. 30 in North America. A full list of supported countries was also included if you’re unsure if said feature will even be supported.
Cloud streaming through PlayStation Plus Premium is currently available in Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Cyprus, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, and United States.PlayStation Blog