Capcom released the first major update for Exoprimal, which adds the highly anticipated alpha variants, along with a number of new things to collect.
Each alpha variant offers a new twist on Exoprimal‘s existing exosuits. These include different weapons, or building into an entirely different play style.
- Deadeye Alpha: Burst Fire – This model sports a shotgun with a short-range spread that focuses into a five-shot burst while aiming down sights, offering offensive options for any distance.
- Zephyr Alpha: Energy Chakram – Unlike its melee-focused counterpart, this Zephyr aims to keep a distance from foes, as its projectiles grow more powerful in mid-range fights.
- Barrage Alpha: Rocket Hop – This model packs a rocket launcher, which can be charged to deal more damage and cause explosions that also allow it to leap high into the air.
- Vigilant Alpha: Marksman – The highly maneuverable Marksman wields a semi-auto rifle that spits a stream of single-fire projectiles. One out of every few shots also packs an extra punch!
- Roadblock Alpha: Fortress Shield – This Roadblock variant features an arm-mounted shotgun and a detachable shield, which enables it to defend one area while fighting in another.
- Krieger Alpha: Charge Shotgun – This model trades its minigun for a chargeable shotgun that can fire wide-range scatter shots or powerful compressed blasts that will send foes flying.
- Murasame Alpha: Frost Glaive – The Frost Glaive unleashes a counterattack that emits waves of ice and freezes enemies in their tracks, making them vulnerable to follow-up attacks.
- Witchdoctor Alpha: Duality Beam – This suit fires energy beams that heal allies and harm foes. The longer a beam connects with its target, the stronger its effect becomes.
- Skywave Alpha: Thunder Clap – This model summons lightning from above to paralyze its foes. These bolts can also be charged to hail down powerful targeted strikes.
- Nimbus Alpha: Double Barrel – Brandishing two types of shotguns, this variant can both heal and deal damage with a sizable spread shot that gets more potent at close range.
Each alpha variant adds new modules that can be used on either version, along with a variety of cosmetics. Keeping true to the concept, alpha variants feature one or more skin that is meant to match the original.
Players have two options to unlock an exosuits alpha variant. Either you can pay $3.99 for a specific suit, $29.99 for every suit, or level the original exosuit to 20 and then purchase the alpha variant with in-game currency.
In addition to new suits, a wide variety of other cosmetics were added to Exoprimal. These include avatars, banners, and much more. Some of these can be purchased with currency, with the rest being added to the War Chests. This is a much needed addition, as Exoprimal is surprisingly generous with offerings.
Finally, Capcom offered a slightly more defined roadmap for Exoprimal.
Beyond Title Update 1, Capcom is supporting Exoprimal with free content updates each season. Season 2 arrives in October 2023 and will include a new map, mission type, Rigs, Modules, and the highly anticipated Street Fighter 6 collaboration. In January 2024, Season 3 will feature Beta variant Exosuits, a new Neo Triceratops boss enemy, a Monster Hunter crossover, and more. Please stay tuned for more information on upcoming updates in the future.Press Release
It will be exciting to see how this week’s Savage Gauntlet holds up to these new options.