Over a week following the launch of The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, many glitches have been uncovered that allows players to duplicate items such as the diamonds, materials, and weapons that give players a lot of rupees. After the release of the official patch 1.1 in Tears of the Kingdom, many are worried that the glitch has been patched, but luckily, the glitch is still there and works.
The first duplication glitch trick uncovered a few days post-launch involves two bows, fusing them into one bow, dropping it, and pressing the + twice quickly, and the item will be duplicated. While it is complicated to some people, a new glitch that is somehow easy to perform involves a shield.
If you are desperate for materials or rupees, here’s the fastest way to duplicate items in Tears of the Kingdom using a shield:
- Make sure you can perform a Shield surf which can be done by equipping a shield, holding the ZL button, and pressing X and A simultaneously.
- While in the air, open the menu or pause the game with the + button.
- Go to the materials list and find an item with only 1 in quantity, and HOLD it.
- While holding that item, pick the four remaining items you want to duplicate.
- Once Link is holding five items, exit by pressing the + button, and you will see the item Link is holding will be dropped to the ground.
- As soon as you pick up the item being dropped, you will see that the last four things that Link holds are doubled.
As of May 24, 2023 and with the launch of patch 1.1, the duplication trick using shield surf still works.