Square Enix and developer Lancarse announced today that The DioField Chronicle free update will launch on March 6.
The Diofield Chronicle free update will feature a new scenario, “Waltaquin’s Story,” a “Very Hard” new difficulty, a new weapon, a “Magic Tome” type, and a New Game+ difficulty, “Extra Mode.”
Below are more details on The DioField Chronicle free update:
- New Scenario – A new scenario not told in the main story starring Waltaquin Redditch. In this scenario, playable after clearing Chapter 5, you will make your way through missions while controlling Waltaquin. “Behemoth” will appear as the final boss.
- New Weapon “Magic Tome” – In the newly added scenario, you will be able to equip Waltaquin’s dedicated weapon “Magic Tome,” which can use skills to summon units and morph into other forms.
- New Skills – The new skill “Necromancy” can be used to summon a Skull Knight. The new skill “Necrotame” can be used to transform your units into a Skull Dragon to unleash powerful skills.
- High-Difficulty “Extra Mode” – A mode in which high-level enemies appear from Chapter 1. This will be added as a function of “New Game+,” which allows you to carry over your levels, weapons, and skill trees after clearing the main story.
- New Difficulty Level “Very Hard” – The “Very Hard” difficulty level offers more challenging battles with less fragment drops, reduced enemy skill use frequency and cooldowns, limited revival time and HP recovery, and so on.
The DioField Chronicle is available now for PS5, Xbox Series, PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam.