While an amount was not given, the latest patch supposedly increases the drop rate of exotics when playing solo Lost Sectors. This is a massive change, especially for newcomers, as new exotic armor is locked behind this event.
This update also tweaks requirements for Guardian Ranks. Commendation requirements have been lowered to a much more reasonable level. Along with this, you’re no longer able to commend Guardians if you fail a mission. This effectively removes a cheese where players would kill themselves to instantly fail a mission for commendations. Bungie also fixed a bug that prevented certain difficulties from applying to your Guardian Rank.
For all the other changes you can find the full list below.
Destiny 2 Hotfix 220.127.116.11
Seasonal Exotic Activity
- Animation changes made to the Data Collection boss encounter in The Variable Exotic mission that had the potential to cause issues with photosensitive players. Player Journey
- Increased drop rate for Exotic armor in Legend and Master Lost Sectors when playing solo.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the “Vex Incursion Countermeasures” weekly bounty from resetting at rest.
- Fixed an issue where players on their alternate characters could not progress the Hall of Heroes intro quest after interacting with the statues early.
- Any players who ran into this issue may now progress normally.
- Made an adjustment to how the Return to Orbit option is triggered after completing a specific Battleground. Previous implementation enabled mistakenly skipping end-of-mission cinematics when returning to orbit from the Commendations screen.
Gameplay and Investment
- Fixed an issue where some Artifact mods were not properly proccing Anti-Barrier capabilities.
- Hunters: Fixed an issue where Volatile Rounds were not granted by equipping the Gyrfalcon’s Hauberk Exotic chest armor, blocking Void weapons from Anti-Barrier capabilities.
- Armor Scavenger Mod: Fixed an issue where Jötunn would get an unintentional boost in ammo, particularly in PvP, with the Solar Scavenger mod equipped on a player’s chest armor. Put. The toaster. Down.
- Fixed an issue where the Winterbite Exotic Glaive was doing more damage than intended to targets.
- Titans: The bonus to Glaive melee damage granted by Exotic Synthoceps gauntlets has been reduced against both combatants and enemy Guardians.
- Fixed an issue where the Lightfall versions of The Inquisitor and Mindbender’s Ambition Shotguns had the incorrect magazine perks.
- Fixed an issue where Grand Overture’s blinding effect applied to other sources of splash damage.
- Strand: Increased the internal cooldown of the Thread of Ascent Fragment from two seconds to four seconds.
- Strand: Fixed an issue where after a player grappled to a thrown Tangle, the Berserker’s Into the Fray Aspect would fail to activate on further Tangle detonations.
- Strand: Fixed an issue where the suspending detonation from the Broodweaver’s Mindspun Invocation Aspect was not properly stunning Unstoppable Champions.
- Solar: Fixed an issue where the radiant effect was not increasing the damage of Strand weapons.
- Strand: Fixed an issue where the Thread of Generation Fragment would stop functioning after a Silkstrike Super deactivation when either the Shackle or Threadling Grenade is equipped.
Power and Progression
- Guardian Ranks: To more closely match the goals of Guardian Ranks, we have reduced the required Commendations score to complete objectives across all Guardian Ranks.
- Guardian Ranks: Rank-8 objectives require tier-3 difficulty or higher. Fixed an issue where only tier-4 or higher applied towards Rank progression.
- Commendations: Players can no longer offer Commendations to others following a failed mission activity. General
- Fixed an issue where Guardians and their weapons were not rendering properly, effectively making them appear as “invisible” when in-game.
- Twitch Gift Sub Bounty reward now correctly appears in the Cryptarch.
Update: This Week at Bungie detailed the new commendation requirements.
Here are the new requirements:
- Rank 7: 460 (was 750)
- Rank 8: 790 (was 1,250)
- Rank 9: 1,290 (was 1,750)
- Rank 10: 1,530 (was 5,000)
- Rank 11: 1,800 (was 6,000)