Shin Megami Tensei V is finally here and for fans wanting for the Nov. 12 release, expect to spend a plethora of hours exploring this rather lengthy RPG.
As with previous JRPG titles, many wonders, just how long does it take to beat the game. Since these can be rather large investments, it’s best to know how much time they will likely need to devote to this adventure.
Now, how long does it take to beat Shin Megami Tensei V?
Shin Megami Tensei V is a long game and could take roughly 50 hours to complete. The journey as Nahobino will bring you all around Tokyo in both the Netherworld and the real world. Unlike past entries where it’s somewhat linear, Shin Megami Tensei V has a lot of explorable areas and things to do.
Below are some of the activities that contribute to 50+ hour-long adventure:
- Going through the story alone could take you roughly 50 hours. But depending on how you listen and experience the story it can easily hit 60.
- There are plethora of sidequests to do.
- Grinding is fairly common and needed to beat certain bosses, especially on higher difficulties.
- Mimans are collectibles hidden throughout the world and a must to give players an edge in combat.
- Fusing demons is fun and having all sorts of combinations will take a considerable amount of time. Be ready to spend time grinding, collecting, and negotiating with demons.
- Not only you will be grinding for levels but for Macca as well as you will need them to buy demons, items, and more.
- While there are bland areas, the size and scale are quite large. There are a lot of hidden items scattered throughout the game.