Thunderful Publishing is saddened to announce today during Gamescom 2021 that The Gunk will no longer be released in Fall 2021 as the game has been delayed to December.
Additionally, Thunderful Publishing released a new gameplay trailer during the Xbox live stream. Sadly, there’s no exact release date yet as to when exactly the game will be released but it’s good to know that it’s coming later this year.
Here’s an overview of The Gunk, via Thunderful Publishing:
From the creators of the SteamWorld franchise—the action series that tells the tales of steam-driven robot adventures and that has garnered more than 100 awards and nominations—comes a completely new game, The Gunk. Embark on an all-new adventure in a vast and exotic world where you’ll encounter terrifying enemies and challenging puzzles on your quest to unravel the mystery of a forgotten planet, while saving it in the process.
Save a dying planet from a slimy parasite, and restore it to its exuberant past.
– Take it upon yourself to rid the planet of gunk, salvage what lies beneath… and save its inhabitants.
Master your power glove.
– Absorb the tainting gunk and use it.
– Manipulate the environment and then craft what you find to your advantage.
Fight corrupt monsters…
– Do they have access to gunk? Are they alone or in a pack? Can I use nearby objects—or can they be used against me?
– As nature heals you get access to larger areas of the planet, and can unearth the story behind its demise.
…and take a stand.
– Why did you come here? To save this dying planet… or to strip it of its resources, and then leave?