WaterField Designs announced their beloved magnetic case will release in a size designed with ROG Ally in mind.
ROG Ally Magnetic Case comes in seven different colors/materials ranging from $84 to $89. An optional carabiner can also be added for an additional $3.
Waterfield Designs owner, Gary Waterfield, offered the following comment about the reveal.
Our customers urged us to add a custom-sized ROG Ally case to our magnetic gaming case line. Our magnetic handheld gaming cases close with a silent magnetic ‘zipper’ that customers love. It’s secure and fun to use, and it even allows you to charge your ROG Ally while it’s protected inside. I just love the smell of the premium leather and the way the compact case feels in my hand.Press Release
If you’re unfamiliar with the Waterfield Designs magnetic case, it boasts a couple exciting features along with the innovative magnetic zipper design.
The premium full-grain leather exterior is available in various colors, and the vegan versions in ballistic nylon or waxed canvas sport the same stylish look. Lightweight foam and plush interior padding envelop the ROG Ally for custom-fitted protection. Strings of rare-earth magnets along two sides of the gaming console case create an inventive magnetic “zipper” that can be opened by pulling the sides apart or by placing one finger inside and “unzipping” the magnets. The sleek, sophisticated case carries the gaming handheld discreetly, making it suitable for any environment.
- Rugged full-grain leather, ballistic nylon, and waxed canvas each project a professional aesthetic (that can slip under the radar at work).
- Lightweight, closed-cell foam protects the ROG Ally console from damage.
- Clever rare-earth magnetic “zipper” closure quietly secures the main compartment, acts as a protective bumper, and allows in-case charging.
- Soft, plush liner protects the ROG Ally display and chassis.
- Reinforced interior seams create an additional protective barrier around the ROG Ally.
- Cushioned interior pockets stow Mini SD cards and a charging cord or another accessory.
- Two nylon loops attach to an optional carabiner that can fasten the handheld gaming case to a bag or strap.
- Designed and handcrafted in WaterField’s San Francisco sewing studio.
Those interested can preorder from Waterfield Designs directly. They’re expected to ship on Aug. 11. For those looking for something else, they also have a basic pouch, and CitySlicker, an all-in-one bag, available for preorder.