Gearbox Publishing and developer Andrew Morrish revealed Unidentified Falling Objects will release on July 18 for Nintendo Switch, and PC.
In addition to revealing the release date, a demo can be downloaded from Steam. It gives a pretty good idea of what to expect from the final version.
More information about Unidentified Falling Objects can be found below.
Unidentified Falling Objects is a unique mashup of platforming and puzzle destroying gameplay. Players are dropped into the puzzle where they must dodge the falling obstacles and destroy blocks to make big combos. Many different things will fall from above, and the player must act quickly to remove them to level up and get the highest score. Compete for highscores or play with friends in local and online multiplayer modes.
• A literal puzzle platformer, where you can move around the puzzle, kicking and dodging blocks to match big combos all while avoiding many other types of obstacles, leveling up, and collecting powerups
SOLO OR MULTIPLAYER
• Challenge yourself to complete all the objectives in single player or challenge others for the best score in multiplayer with local 1 vs 1 or up to 20 players in online
• Upgrade your way to the ultimate puzzle platformer, with unlockable equipment you can change your weapon, movement style and special kick powers. Changing the way you shoot, jump, and kick will help you get better scores and defeat other players
• Retro graphics and a synthwave soundtrack across 6 different worlds
COLORFUL CAST OF CHARACTERSSteam Listing
• Meet several eccentric characters when you progress the single player campaign. Each new character will offer new unique challenges for the player to complete