Microids and IMPS have announced a new video game based on the popular Smurfs franchise. The new game in question is called Smurfs Kart and it’s heading to consoles this August.
Smurfs Kart will be available for PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, and Xbox One on August 22nd, 2023. Nintendo Switch fans are lucky because the game is already out for you guys.
You can check out the key features of the game below from the official press release.
- 12 tracks set in the Smurfs’ universe: The village, the forest, the dam, the swamps… even Gargamel’s house!
- 12 iconic playable Smurfs: Handy, Hefty, Smurfette, Papa Smurf, Jokey… choose your favourite Smurf and get ready to race! Each Smurf has their own kart and a very handy special item to help you breeze past your opponents.
- Use the world around you: Bonus items, boosts, ramps, destructible boxes, shortcuts and more!
- Finish 1st in the races where 8 Smurfs compete in frantic races.
- Smurf together: Play solo or with family and friends, with support for up to four players in split-screen local multiplayer!
- “Time Challenge” mode: Try to beat every Smurf at their own racetrack and reach the top of the online leader board with your quickest time!
- Unlock bonuses as you play and try to Smurf them all in your personal album!