Capcom is pleased to announce today that the much-awaited Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak expansion will launch for both Switch and PC via Steam on June 30 for $39.99.
Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak will feature new and returning monsters including Astalos, and new ones like Malzeno, Fanged Wyvern Lunagron, and more. Additionally, players will get to explore all-new maps with no loading times such as the newly revealed Citadel locale.
Here’s an overview of the Sunbreak, via Capcom:
Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak is the monstrous new expansion for Monster Hunter Rise, the critically-acclaimed and top-selling Monster Hunter title that released on Nintendo Switch in March 2021 and PC in January 2022. The story of Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak begins following the heroic defense of Kamura Village that concludes in Monster Hunter Rise. In addition to the all-new storyline, the expansion will introduce new monsters, new additions to combat, the Master Rank quest difficulty, and more when it releases on June 30, 2022 for Nintendo Switch and PC via Steam.
After being summoned to aid the distant Kingdom by the gallant knight Dame Fiorayne, the hunters set out for the port of Elgado Outpost. This bustling maritime waystation is the home of the Laboratory researching the abnormal monster activity troubling the Kingdom, and the Command Post tasked with restoring peace to the realm. The threat befalling the Kingdom is closely linked to powerful creatures known as the Three Lords, each inspired by staples of Western horror. This cadre includes the newly unveiled Garangolm, the chilling Fanged Wyvern Lunagaron, and the Elder Dragon Malzeno. Researching the behavior of the Three Lords will take hunters across the Kingdom to exciting new locales, including the newly-unveiled Citadel.
– Journey to the West – In addition to the plethora of new hunts to complete, the immersive story will task Kamura’s valiant hunters with researching the secrets behind the puzzling anomalies plaguing the distant Kingdom. This pursuit will take players on a journey across the sea to a new base of operations called Elgado Outpost, where they will investigate powerful creatures known as the Three Lords, each inspired by staples of Western horror.
– New and Returning Monsters – The game will introduce Malzeno, a menacing new flagship monster, as well as other new monsters like the lupine Fanged Wyvern Lunagaron, the towering Garangolm, and new subspecies such as Blood Orange Bishaten. Hunters will also encounter numerous fan-favorite and returning species from previous Monster Hunter games including the voltaic Astalos.
– Combat Evolved – The “Wirebug” mechanic that allows for unparalleled freedom of movement and mobility returns! Hunters using the new facilities at Elgado Outpost will also be able to master all-new combat options and Wirebug techniques for all weapon types. More information on these new abilities will be shared in the future.
– New Locales – Featuring all-new maps with no loading times such as the newly revealed Citadel locale, the continuous gameplay ensures that players will remain on their quests as soon as the hunt begins, without transitions between areas.
– Hunting Options – Play solo, or join up to three other hunters in online co-op play on Nintendo Switch or PC. The Nintendo Switch system also allows for hunting anywhere, anytime and with anyone via a local connection!
Check out below the Three Lords trailer for the upcoming Sunbreak expansion: