Square Enix announced today that Final Fantasy VI Pixel Remaster will be coming to PC via Steam, and mobile devices via iOS and Android on February 23.
Final Fantasy VI Pixel Remaster features an updated 2D pixel graphics, including iconic Final Fantasy pixel character designs created by Kazuko Shibuya. Additionally, players can look forward to a rearranged soundtrack in a faithful FF style.
Here’s an overview of Final Fantasy VI Pixel Remaster, via Square Enix:
Originally released for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System in 1994, Final Fantasy VI captures all of the magic of the original with improved ease of play. Players will embark on a timeless story following The War of the Magi, which left little but ashes and misery in its wake and magic itself vanished from the world. A thousand years later, humanity has rebuilt the world relying on machines and technology – until they find a young girl named Terra with mysterious powers. The evil Empire has kept her enslaved in an effort to harness these powers as a weapon, leading to a fateful meeting between Terra and a young man named Locke. Their harrowing escape from the Empire’s clutches sets in motion a series of events that touches countless lives and leads to one inevitable conclusion.
Regarded as one of the most beloved games in the Final Fantasy series, Final Fantasy VI features a robust roster of playable characters, each with their own stories, goals and destinies. Players will be able to customize their party members’ abilities, magic spells and summons with the acclaimed magicite system. In addition, players can look forward to many improvements and updates for Final Fantasy VI, including:
– Universally updated 2D pixel graphics, including the iconic Final Fantasy pixel character designs created by Kazuko Shibuya, the original artist and current collaborator.
– A beautifully rearranged soundtrack in a faithful Final Fantasy style, overseen by the original composer Nobuo Uematsu.
– Improved gameplay, including modernized user interface, auto-battle options and more!
– Supplemental extras like the bestiary, illustration gallery and music player.
Those who pre-purchase Final Fantasy VI on Steam will receive early purchase bonuses, including four wallpapers, five music tracks, and a 20% discount. The wallpapers, timelapse special tracks, which transition from the iconic original versions to the new arrangements, and an instrumental music track are available through early purchase or via the bundle on Steam. The music tracks include:
– “The Decisive Battle (Timelapse Remix)”
– “Terra’s Theme (Timelapse Remix)”
– “Searching for Friends (Timelapse Remix)”
– “Locke’s Theme (Timelapse Remix)”
– “Aria di Mezzo Carattere (Instrumental)”