Since the launch of Elden Ring on PC via Steam, the game has received mixed reviews due to performance issues that many are experiencing. Bandai Namco today acknowledged the problems and is currently working on a solution and requests everyone’s patience.
Some of the items that Bandai Namco acknowledged are the following:
- Regarding the problem of the mouse being too sensitive in the PC version
- We will be sending out a patch for this issue in the near future.
- Regarding the problem of Easy Anti-Cheat failing to launch when the Steam account name includes a multi-byte character (e.g., kanji).
- We are aware of the cause of this issue and will be providing a patch in the near future.
- Regarding the phenomenon of frame rate and other performance-related issues during gameplay
- We will be constantly working to improve the game so that it can be played comfortably on various PC environments and platforms.
- For the PC version, updating your graphics card drivers to the latest version may significantly improve performance.
For the most part, I am playing on the PC and have experienced some crashes and audio cutting out. Though those who are playing on consoles like the PS5 and Xbox Series will have a better experience when it comes to the performance and smoothness of the game.
Update: In a new blog post Bandai Namco also addressed some concerns with PS5 performance.
About the phenomenon of game data that does not save correctly in the PlayStation 5 version
If the PS5 console is unexpectedly turned off while playing a game or in rest mode, saved data may not be saved correctly.
We are aware of the cause of this issue and are working on a patch to correct it, but until the patch is released, please save your game manually by exiting the game regularly.
Game data will be saved correctly if you quit the game by opening the system menu using the OPTION button and selecting “Quit Game,” then press the HOME button to return to the PS5 home screen and quit the game application once.Bandai Namco Blog