Aliens: Fireteam Elite boasts cooperative play by having players assigned to specific roles. The three Colonial Marines banded together on a given mission will need to work together, ensuring their chosen class kits compliment each other, to increase their likelihood of completing the mission at hand without any casualties.
There are five available classes: Gunner, Demolisher, Technician, Doc, and Recon. The last one in that list is the only class kit not immediately available in the game; a certain prerequisite must first be met before the Recon class can be used.
Unlock conditions aside, the five classes house different capabilities for dealing with and mitigating damage from Xenomorph and synthetic foes. The Gunner is the jack of all trades class; Demolisher brings heavy weaponry and explosive ordinance; Technician adds to the group’s firepower with a turret; Doc ensures everyone is in fighting shape; and Recon keeps those magazines filled with ammunition.
Of course, there’s more to the classes than the brief descriptions provided above. Read on for the full list of abilities associated with each of the five classes.
All Class Abilities in Aliens: Fireteam Elite
- Overclock – Greatly increase fire rate for your nearby allies. Also increases your reload speed
- Frag Grenade – Throw a grenade, which explodes on impact, dealing damage in a large radius
- Micro Rockets – Launches 3 rockets that detonate on impact, creating a large shockwave that damages and stumbles your foes
- Blastwave – Unleashes a concussive blast around you, damaging enemies and knocking them away from you
- Sentry Turret – Deploys a turret directly in front of you. Automatically fires at enemies, and can be picked up and redeployed
- Charged Coils – Toss a device that lodges itself into your target and unleashes directed electrical shocks in the area, damaging enemies and reducing their movement speed
- Trauma Station – Deploys a trauma station in front of you that heals nearby allies. Has a limited supply of healing. Can be picked up and redeployed.
- Combat Stims – Increases accuracy and stability by 50%, stamina regen by 30%, and movement speed by 15% for you and nearby allies
- PUPS – Short for Parameter Uplink Spectrograph, this small drone reveals nearby enemies to your entire team, and lowers their damage by 20% for a small duration
- Support Drone – Deploy a drone that lands at a targeted location. While active, the drone replenishes nearby allies ammo and provides them with computer assisted combat metrics, which increases their accuracy and stability by 20%, and grants a small amount of hit points whenever they kill a target.
Aliens: Fireteam Elite is now available on PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S.