4A Games and developer Deep Silver announced today the release date for the much-awaited Metro Exodus PC Enhanced Edition.
Metro Exodus PC Enhanced Edition will launch for PC on May 6 via Steam, Epic Games Store, and GOG. PC users who previously bought the vanilla version will get the Enhanced Edition free of charge.
Below are the list of things enhanced for Metro Exodus:
- Full ray traced lighting throughout—every light source is now ray traced.
- Next-gen ray tracing and denoising.
- Next-gen temporal reconstruction technology.
- Per-pixel ray traced global illumination.
- Ray traced emissive surfaces with area shadows.
- Infinite number of ray traced light bounces.
- Atmosphere and transparent surfaces receive ray traced bounded lighting.
- Full ray traced lighting model support with color bleeding and for every light source.
- Advanced ray-traced reflections. (PC Enhanced Edition-only.)
- DirectX 12 Ultimate support (including DXR 1.1 and variable rate shading)
- GPU FP16 support and thousands of optimized shaders.
- Support for DLSS 2.0. (PC Enhanced Edition-only.)
- Addition of field of view slider to main game options.
- 4K textures added to packages.
- Further bug fixing / polish pass.