The headset is based off their highly reviewed and overwhelmingly successful MM-500. This version includes Audeze’s 90mm planar magnetic drivers, along with a couple other changes.
Audeze MM-100 Key Features:
- Industry-tested and refined by top recording artists at would-famous Larrabee Studios in Hollywood
- Carefully tuned for accuracy across the audible frequency spectrum to deliver consistent results professionals can rely on
- Audeze’s Uniforce™ diaphragms, Fazor™ waveguides and Fluxor™ Magnets provide great clarity with class-leading low distortion, and high efficiency to excel with a wide range of audio equipment and techniques
- Lightweight, premium chassis with magnesium/aluminum housing, gel-filled leather earpads, suspension strap, and spring-steel headband for long-term durability and comfort; folds flat for storage or travel
- Style: Over-ear (circumaural), open-back
- Transducer Type: Planar Magnetic
- Transducer Size: 90 mm
- Diaphragm Type: Ultra-Thin Uniforce™
- Magnetic Structure: Fluxor™ Magnet Array
- Magnet Type: Neodymium N50
- Phase Management: Fazor™
- Earpads: Synthetic Leather / Foam
- Weight: 375g
Audeze Press Release
- Frequency response: 10Hz-50kHz
- THD: <0.1% (@ 1 kHz, 1mW)
Audeze CEO, Sankar Thiagasamudram, offered the following statement about MM-100.
The goal of the MM-100 is to set a new standard in headphone performance for a wide range of users.
We worked with Manny to ensure that our professional products work optimally in the most demanding situations.Audeze Press Release
Manny Marroquin added the following.
I’m so excited to make studio-quality sound available to a broader audience.
Everyone working in audio needs a headphone they can rely on, inside or outside the studio.Audeze Press Release
MM-100 will retail for $399, with shipments expected in May.