Capcom has now revealed a ton of new info about Street Fighter 6 at the 2022 Tokyo Game Show.
The info includes returning favorites appearing in the game’s roster, as well as other interesting info. You can read the info about Street Fighter 6 posted down below as seen in the press release.
First up, major updates for World Tour and Battle Hub were announced, including:
- World Tour – Players will be able to create their own avatars with a multitude of customization options to reflect their personal styles and flair. As players progress through the immersive story mode, they’ll hone their avatar’s strength through Street Fights with various NPCs and meet masters like Ryu and Chun-Li who will teach them special moves from their own repertoires. All inhabitants and opponents of World Tour never back down from a challenge, and will seamlessly transition from conversation to battle.
- Battle Hub – Players can take their customized avatars into the Battle Hub, which serves as the lobby area to find matches against other players from around the world including online tournaments. When two players sit down at one of the arcade cabinets placed back-to-back throughout the Battle Hub, they can kick-off a match with the whole Battle Hub as their audience. Players can also visit the Game Center to play retro Capcom classics like Street Fighter™ II and Final Fight™.
Second on the bill was the introduction of four World Warriors making their return to the streets:
- Ken – Accusations of orchestrating a criminal plot have forced Ken, a former US National Fighting Champion and ex-VP of the Masters Foundation, to abandon his family and business to go into hiding. As a legend in the Street Fighter series, Ken packs a classic move set with new additions that keep things fresh.
- Blanka – A kindhearted adventure tour guide and defender of nature, Blanka features his signature Electric Thunder and Rolling Attacks, plus brand new Blanka-chan Bombs and the return of his Lightning Beast move.
- Dhalsim – A monk and yoga master, Dhalsim channels his familiar fire techniques from past games while also mastering moves like Yoga Fire, Yoga Arch, Yoga Comet, and Yoga Flame.
- E. Honda – A globetrotting sumo wrestler, E. Honda combines old with new, bringing back his trademark moves like Hundred Hand Slap and Sumo Headbutt, plus his brand new Sumo Dash where he moves forward with a traditional sumo shuffle.
A closed beta is also taking place on Oct. 7-10, 2022 for PS5 and Xbox Series X/S owners. Street Fighter 6 is out next year!