Bandai Namco and developer From Software announced today that Elden Ring has been delayed from its previously announced January 21, 2022 release date to February 25, 2022.
The reason for the delay is that From Software needed some more development time for final adjustments.
Here’s what they have to say in regards to Elden Ring delayed announcement:
The depth of the game and the degree of freedom in strategy exceeded the initial expectations, hence it has been decided to extend the development time for final adjustments thus moving the release date to February 25, 2022
Additionally, Bandai Namco also announced that a Closed Network Test for Elden Ring will be held on November 12. It will feature the opening hours of the game. Additionally, the game will also support cross-generation play. Registrations are available here for North America and Europe, and here for Japan.
Below is the schedule of the Network Test:
- November 12 from 3:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. PT
- November 12 from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. PT
- November 13 from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. PT
- November 14 from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. PT
- November 14 from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. PT
- November 12 from 12:00 to 15:00 CET
- November 13 from 4:00 to 7:00 CET
- November 13 from 20:00 to 23:00 CET
- November 14 from 12:00 to 15:00 CET
- November 15 from 4:00 to 7:00 CET
- November 12 from 20:00 to 23:00 JST
- November 13 from 12:00 to 15:00 JST
- November 13 from 4:00 to 7:00 JST
- November 14 from 20:00 to 23:00 JST
- November 15 from 12:00 to 15:00 JST
Check out below the Closed Network Test announcement trailer: