A lot of things can change in roughly 16 years, so many players are wondering if they have the time to invest in Psychonauts 2. It makes sense, the expansive platformer can be a large ask, even for someone with a lot of free time, so we wanted to make it simple by giving you an idea of what you can expect from Psychonauts 2.
How Long is Psychonauts 2
Psychonauts 2 took me about 15 hours to complete the main story, with it being entirely possible to hit 25 hours if you want to reach 100% competition.
This is due to the post-game state offering players a wide variety of tasks to complete in Psychonauts 2. Here are the things that Raz can do after finishing the main story:
- Continue to collect Figments. If you missed any figments, Raz will have the opportunity to return and find them.
- Tons of Collectibles. Aside from Figments, there are other collectible items, such as emotional baggage, their tags, and of course PSI Challenge Cards and Markers. Don’t forget to check your map in every area to track your progress.
- Reach the Max Rank. There’s a trophy/achievement for reaching rank 100, with the max possible being 102.
- Do missed sidequests. If, for any reason, you missed a side quest, they can be completed at this point.
- Open hidden chests. Go find those keys that unlocks the locked chest that are scattered throughout the world. You just never know what you will get.
Psychonauts 2 is available now for Xbox, PlayStation, and PC via Steam and Windows 10. Check out our review to read our thoughts.