ININ Games revealed their intense retro beat ’em up, Jitsu Squad, will release for PlayStation 4/5, and Nintendo Switch on Dec. 9.
Along with the digital release, two physical versions are available through Games Rocket and Strictly Limited Games.
The limited edition version is $29.99 and includes a physical copy, and manual. Each edition is limited, with PlayStation 4 being the rarest at 750, PlayStation 5 having 1,000, and Nintendo Switch getting 2,000. In addition to that, there is a collector’s edition for $69.99 as well. This version includes the game, manual, OST, paper wheel, hand fan, hand surfboard, art book, headband, poster, stickers and postcard set in a unique box. Similar to the limited edition, there will be 750 of the PlayStation 4 version, 1,000 for PlayStation 5, and finally 2,000 Switch copies.
If you haven’t kept up with Jitsu Squad, you can find the official overview below:
Containing the soul of a powerful demon, the legendary Kusanagi Stone can grant godly powers to those who awaken it but has remained hidden over the centuries. Now, the wicked sorcerer Origami, destroyer of worlds and lord of darkness, has summoned ancient warriors to find the stone for him, cursing their souls and turning them into animals. Luckily, a mysterious monk called Ramen manages to save four warrior souls from Origami’s call: Hero, Baby, Jazz, and Aros, together they are the Jitsu Squad!
Jump into wacky-chaotic battles with lightning-fast, yet accessible gameplay in this unique 2D action-brawler. Master the battlefield by levelling up your warriors into true legends and use their unique special moves and weapons to slay your enemies in style. Control the entire Jitsu Squad in single-player mode, play with up to 4 people in local couch co-op, or use the Tag Team Mode to take down the wicked sorcerer and save the galaxy!
- Fight lightning-fast, adrenaline-tingling battles
- 4 playable characters – Turn your warrior into a real legend with the upgrade system and unique secondary weapons that open up new combos
- Slay your enemies in style with 100+ chain-combos, infinite juggles and Epic Super Specials that will make your heart beat faster
- Powerful in-game character transformations will get your blood boiling
- Tons of unique enemies to fight and 8 different planets to save
- Up to 4-player local couch co-op fun
- Team up with a friend in 2-player tag-team mode, where each player can choose up to 2 characters
- Enter the battlefield while blasting original tunes by Crush 40 singer Johnny Gioeli, famous for the iconic SONIC The Hedgehog music
- Fighting game input commands provide a nice 90s throwback