Nintendo has announced that several new courses will be available as paid DLC in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe very soon. There will be a total of 8 new racing tracks for you to try out!
This is called Wave 3 of the DLC and the first tracks will be arriving on December 8th, 2022. The rest of the tracks should all arrive by the end of 2023.
You can read more info about the new DLC via the press release info posted down below.
Wave 3 includes the Rock Cup and the Moon Cup, with classic courses appearing from the Mario Kart series across the Wii, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS and Nintendo 3DS Mario Kart games. Each course can be played locally or online.** Courses are divided as follows:
- Rock Cup
- London Loop –Leave your rivals gobsmacked as you drift around familiar landmarks and into first place in this course, inspired by England’s capital, originating from Mario Kart Tour.
- Boo Lake – Get your feet wet on this spooky, Boo-filled track set on a haunted lake in this course that originated in Mario Kart: Super Circuit.
- Alpine Pass – Careful, sharp turns and bouncing boulders abound on this high-altitude course from Mario Kart 7.
- Maple Treeway – Leap through the fall foliage and race across massive trees on this course from Mario Kart Wii.
- Moon Cup
- Berlin Byways – Watch out for falling Whomps and Thwomps as you make your way around the stunning sights in this course that originated in Mario Kart Tour.
- Peach Gardens – Chirping birds, bopping Chain Chomps and fields of flowers flourish on this course set in the vast gardens of Peach’s castle from Mario Kart DS.
- Merry Mountain – Hit the halfpipe and bank up the snowy hills on this charmingly festive course that first appeared in Mario Kart Tour and features massive candy canes and wrapped gifts galore.
- Rainbow Road – Rainbow Road winds and twists around multiple planetoids on this celestial course that originated in Mario Kart 7 for Nintendo 3DS.
You can check out the DLC in action via the trailer below.