While a lot of players eagerly await getting their PlayStation 5 to enjoy Returnal, Housemarque released an infographic of what those players are doing on Atropos.
On first glance there are some interesting details like there is almost a death every 30 minutes, but a lot of players were surprised by the reveal Phrike, the first boss, is also the most deadly. These questions extend beyond that with utter shock that Hollowseeker is the most popular weapon overall. However, after a little thought, both of these detail make sense.
Based off trophies, around 40 percent of people never defeated Phrike and of the remaining 60 percent who beat Phrike, a mere 42 percent beat the second boss. With most players failing to see half the game, it stands to reason the first boss would act as something of a gatekeeper.
As for Hollowseeker, it’s obviously one of the best weapons, but it benefits greatly as being an early unlockable in the second biome. These two facts obviously inflate the numbers bringing it beyond other fan favorites like Rotgland Lobber. But still, interesting to see these things officially confirmed.