Just before you start your long journey in the Lands Between in Elden Ring, you will be asked to pick a keepsake that your character can start with. Similar to past games of the Souls series, Keepsake is similar to Gifts, which will give players a slight advantage to start off the game.
There are a total of nine keepsakes to choose from. All of these can be acquired in-game but it’s the matter which matters to you most. In my playthrough, I went with the Stonesword Key as it breaks the seals on locked rooms or areas that contain rare loot. If you are new to the whole Souls series, It’s best to go with a Golden Seed that gives you an extra use of the healing flask or the Crimson Amber Medallion that increases Maximum HP.
Below are the nine keepsakes:
- Crimson Amber Medallion – A medallion inlaid with reddish amber. Increases maximum HP.
- Lands Between Rune – The gold of graces shining in the eyes of the people of the Lands Between. Use to gain many runes.
- Golden Seed – A goldeen seed washed ashored from the Lands Between. Said to reinforce Sacred Flasks.
- Fanged Imp Ashes – The ashes of small, diminutive golems. Ashes are said to hold spirits within.
- Cracked Pot – Three strange cracked pots taht show mend themselves. A container for certain thrown items.
- Stonesword Key – Two stone keys shape like swords. Breaks through an Imp’s Seal, but shatters in the process.
- Bewitching Branch – Five sacred branches charged with bequiling power. Said to originate form the demigod Miquella.
- Boiled Prawn – Five boiled crayfish meats. Boost physical damage negation.
- Shabriri’s Woe – The crazed likeness of noble who crushed out their own two eyes. Attracts enemies’ aggression.