Skunkape Games is pleased to announce today that Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space will be coming to Xbox One, Switch, and PC on December 8 for $19.99.
Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space is the second Telltale’s second season of Sam & Max games. The game will feature five episodes and improved visuals.
Here’s an overview of the game, via Skunkape Games:
Join the Freelance Police on a bizarre adventure from the North Pole to the Fountain of Youth, from outer space to Hell and back.
Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space is a remastered version of Telltale’s second season of episodic Sam & Max games, lovingly updated by a small team of the original developers. Sam is a six-foot canine detective with a nose for justice. Max is a hyperkinetic rabbity-thing with a taste for mayhem. Together, they’re the Freelance Police—an irreverent comedy duo whose esoteric crime-fighting style has been entertaining comic book and video game fans for more than thirty years.
In this five-episode collection of interconnected cases, Sam and Max are back on the crime beat in a showdown with Santa Claus, a race to subdue a giant volcano, and a face-off with a Eurotrash vampire. And then things get even weirder.
– An Adventure Game that Makes You Laugh – Explore unexpected places, chat with eccentric characters, and tease out brain-tickling puzzles in an interactive story that has a joke hiding behind every hotspot.
– Beautifully Remastered – Lighting, lip-sync, cinematography, audio, music, and more have been updated and enhanced to bring Sam & Max‘s second episodic season up to modern standards.
– No Walkthrough Required – The game detects when you’re stuck and provides subtle contextual hints. Hint frequency can be customized to accommodate all playing styles.
– Optional Driving Mini-Games – Take the wheel of Sam and Max’s 1960 DeSoto convertible for fun diversions from the story. The hood decals and car upgrades you win carry over across episodes.
– Localization – English voice with subtitles in English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish.
Check out the announcement trailer below: