Far Cry 6 continues the trend of its predecessor by offering animals as deadly (and cute) partners via the Amigos system. There are seven animal NPCs ready to enlist with Dani and other guerrillas in their rebellion. If Dani’s rocket launcher backpack wasn’t already tipping the odds in favor of the “Fake Yaran” uprising, the addition of the wheelchair-bound dachshund is sure to be the nail in Anton Castillo’s coffin.
Throughout the Far Cry 6 adventure, there are seven Amigos that can be recruited as Dani’s companion. Each one comes with their own set of unlockable abilities and primarily support a certain playstyle. If you would rather the animal partners remain a surprise, stop here. Seriously, do not read further.
If you’re still here, let’s go over the Amigos awaiting Dani in Yara. You might even recognize one of them.
All Animal Companions (Amigos) in Far Cry 6
There’s a reason Guapo’s kin never went extinct. He passively recovers health to keep fighting and self-revives after being downed in combat.
- Body Regulation – Guapo will automatically regenerate health during combat.
- Unlock Requirement: Guapo revives himself 5 times
- Cornered Beast – Guapo becomes more resistant to damage when his health is below 50%.
- Unlock Requirement: Guapo regenerates 3,000 health in combat
- Reptile Metabolism – Guapo’s auto-revive now restores 90% of his health.
- Unlock Requirement: Guapo eliminates 50 targets
Chorizo will use his irresistible charm to distract enemies so you can sneak past for surprise attacks.
- Bloodhound – Chorizo will tag nearby resources with his sense of smell.
- Unlock Requirement: Chorizo distracts 10 enemies
- Yes, You Can – Petting Chorizo will cause him to regenerate some health.
- Unlock Requirement: Chorizo tags 36 loot containers
- Keen Senses – Chorizo will occasionally find resources by digging in the ground.
- Unlock Requirement: Pet Chorizo and receive healing 50 times
Chicharrón’s lust for battle cannot be sated. He slingshots himself to the enemy from a distance.
- Roid Rage: Chicharron attacks faster and deals double damage when his health is below 70%.
- Unlock Requirement: Chicharrón kills 12 enemies
- Angrier Bird: Chicharron’s Angry Bird attack can knock enemies to the floor.
- Unlock Requirement: Chicharrón kills 24 enemies while in Roid Rage
- Chicken Feet: During Roid Rage Chicharron is more likely to dodge enemy attacks.
- Unlock Requirement: Chicharrón knocks down 50 enemies with the Angrier Bird attack
Boom Boom (Australian Cattle Dog)
The first trick every pup learns in Montana: retrieving resources from dead enemies’ bodies.
- Pointer: Boom Boom will mark enemy troops and animals.
- Unlock Requirement: Boom Boom collects resources from 10 bodies
- Expert Tracker: Boom Boom is able to tag targets from further away.
- Unlock Requirement: Boom Boom tags 24 animals
- Thick Coat: Boom Boom can withstand more damage from enemies.
- Unlock Requirement: Boom Boom tags 50 enemies
Oluso (Black Panther)
Oluso uses the power of the Oluwas to slay enemies quickly and silently from the shadows.
- Mimo Abosi’s Luck: Oluso will takedown enemies more successfully.
- Unlock Requirementt: Oluso kills 12 enemies in a restricted area
- Rage of Ida: Oluso’s successful takedowns will strike fear into nearby enemies causing them to flee.
- Unlock Requirement: Oluso kills 24 enemies with a takedown
- Mist of Oku: Oluso is surrounded by smoke when beneath 50% health making him immune to damage, difficult to spot, and able to regenerate health.
- Unlock Requirement: Oluso inflicts fear on 50 enemies.
K-9000 (Cyber-Dog) – Requires Gold Edition, Ultimate Edition, or Blood Dragon Set DLC
Your metal B.A.D.A.S.S. friend receives less bullet damage and gains immunity to poison and fire.
- Enhance: K-9000 can now tag turrets, security cameras, alarms, and tripwires.
- Unlock Requirement: K-9000 takes 100 damage from enemies
- Enhance!!!: K-9000 deals more damage to tagged enemies.
- Unlock Requirement: K-9000 tags 24 security systems
- Termination Protocol: K-9000 is equipped with a self-destruct that will go off when he takes fatal damage.
- Unlock Requirement: K-9000 destroys 50 tagged enemies
Champagne (White Panther) – Requires Ultimate Edition or Vice Pack DLC
Something about the smell of minted currency drives this cat wild. She collects more money from dead enemies after combat.
- Greed Is Good: Champagne’s takedowns will succeed more often when you are carrying more money.
- Unlock Requirement: Champagne kills 12 enemies
- Predatory Instinct: Champagne will loot enemies after killing them with a silent takedown.
- Unlock Requirement: Champagne kills 24 enemies with a takedown
- Sonic Snarl: Champagne can unleash a roar knocking enemies down when she takes damage.
- Unlock Requirement: Champagne loots 1,000 Yaran Pesos from dead enemies